Professional cleaners share their secrets to save you HOURS!
Categories: Tips & Tricks
Cleaning your house is a chore that takes you hours to complete. So you call a cleaning professional to do the task for you and BAM! They zoom right through the task. Ever wonder how? Us too. So we got the inside scoop — and some top-secret tricks — on their process.
If you have the budget and want to save some time, you can hire a cleaning service. Or, here are some great tips on how you can clean your house as fast as they do:
1. Use toothpaste to clean your favourite things: Scrubbing your mucky trainers with toothpaste will make them look as good as new and you can even use the bathroom cupboard essential to make your engagement ring sparkle.
2. Use baking soda to clean your sofa: If you've spilled a drink on your couch or your dog has trodden muddy paws into it, experts say sprinkling baking soda on it before rinsing it off can remove the stains.
3. Use a razor to remove paint stains: If you redecorated your house and accidentally redecorated your clothes, too, a razor can come in handy for scraping it off.
4. Clean your grater with potatoes: Removing remnants from your grater is no mean feat but, rather bizarrely, rubbing potato over it will apparently help get rid of trapped food bits.
5. Get rid of water marks with a hairdryer: If you forgot to use a coaster and your wooden table has been left with a white water ring, simply blast a hairdryer over it.
6. Banish glitter with play dough: If your children got over zealous with the glitter during their arts and crafts session, simply roll a ball of play dough over the spilled glitter to get rid of it.
7. Clean a greasy floor with Coca Cola: If you've spilled oil or grease on your garage floor, splashing some Coca Cola over it will help banish it.
8. Use mouthwash to clean your washing machine: If your washing machine is dirty, pour half a cup of mouthwash into the empty machine and run it to help disinfect and clean it out.
9. Clean a shower head with lemon: To clean a shower head, fill a sandwich bag with distilled white vinegar and three to four drops of lemon essential oil. Submerge your shower head in the bag and group it together at the top of the shower head using a hair tie. Leave overnight and give it a quick wipe in the morning.
10. Use socks as a mop: If you run out of sheets for your wet/dry mops, just dampen an inside-out sock with cleaning solution, stretch it around the mop head and use it as you ordinarily would.
11. Clean your clothes with chalk: If you've got grease down your garments, rub some chalk over the area in question to loosen it before popping it in the wash.
12. Banish nail varnish stains with vodka: There's nothing worse than spilling red polish on the carpet but there is a rather surprising way to remove it. Pop a clear spirit like vodka on the stain and rub it away with a microfiber cloth.
13. Collect broken glass with bread: If you've smashed a glass and don't want to risk cutting yourself, press a piece of bread into it to pick it up.