Airstream Basecamp: Go Gulf Coasting
A kitchen, a bathroom, and a relaxing bed. Basecamp packs everything you need to make exploring comfortable into our smallest travel trailer yet. Every inch is thought out, every feature works hard, and every space is maximized.
GO GULF COASTING
Discover what it’s like to go Gulf Coasting! Feel it, live it, and find it here on America’s Best Beaches.
The Airstream Basecamp will be touring the area this summer. Check out the event schedule here.
Basecamp’s versatile floorplan has the ability to completely transform based on what you’re using it for at that moment. Use the benches as a space to get ready in the morning, add the two tables to dine and entertain in the evening, and convert the whole area into a sleeping space you can stretch out on for the night. Change it as many time as you’d like, that’s what it’s made for.
- Exterior Length16' 3"
- Exterior Width7'
- Interior Width6' 4.5"
- Exterior Height with A/C8' 8.75"
- Interior Height with A/C (Entry Area)6' 3.5"
- Hitch Weight (with LP & Batteries)410
- Unit Base Weight (with LP & Batteries)2,585
- Maximum Trailer Capacity (GVWR) (lbs.)3,500
- Net Carrying Capacity (lbs.)915
- Fresh Water Tank (gal.)22
- Gray Water Tank (gal.)—
- Black Water Tank (gal.)29 (Combo)
- 30 AMP Service Single AC with Heat Strip (9,200 BTU)OPT
- Truma CombiTM Eco Plus Heating System (14,300 BTU)STD
- Refrigerator2-way 3 cu. ft.
- Interior Windows and Skylights8
- Sleeping Capacity2
Basecamp is full of smart choices that maximize space, keep things clean, and make everything from charging to cooking that much easier. It’s everything you’d want to have along with you on an adventure, and even a few things that might surprise you.
Basecamp checks off all the boxes of what you need to get off road and off grid. And then it goes further, bringing you extras that make exploring that much more comfortable and enjoyable.
- ASolar pre-wire kit comes standard to prepare you for renewable power inputs
- BSmart, versatile storage solutions throughout
- CLockable technology dock and USB ports for easy charging
- DEfficient ventilation, hot water, and cabin heating systems
Basecamp’s 26″ x 46″ rear hatch lets you load and unload your gear through the back of the trailer into 126″ of available cargo depth from the hatch to the galley cabinets, without having to maneuver larger items like bikes and kayaks through the main door. When the day is done, close up the rear hatch to keep the trailer cozy, or keep it open and attach the removable screen to keep the fresh air moving through.
Whether it’s making the most of the space inside the trailer or designing features that pull double, sometimes triple duty, Basecamp’s flexibility comes from paying attention, not just to what you need for a successful trip, but to how your needs change as that trip goes on. It’s the result of careful thought, and you’ll find it in some pretty surprising places.
Every adventurer needs a place to recharge. And Basecamp doesn’t overlook comfort for a second. When you’re setting up camp in the desert, the optional QuietStream™ air conditioning with two-speed fan will keep you cool. When you’re surrounded by snow, the Truma Combi Eco Plus heating system will handle both water and cabin heating with world-class efficiency. No matter where you’re headed, Basecamp is ready.
Once you get Basecamp set up, you can spread out a little with outdoor extras like the optional visor and optional tents. Two unique tent options attach to either the door-side or rear of the trailer. When used together, they give you 120 square feet of additional sheltered outdoor space for sleeping, lounging, or storing your gear out of the rain.
- 1 Deep Cycle Group 24 Battery with Multi-Stage ConverterSTD
- 2 Manual Stabilizer JacksSTD
- 3M® Film Front Stone Guard ProtectionSTD
- Aluminum Entry Door HandleSTD
- Cast Aluminum LED TaillightsSTD
- City Water Inlet with Water Pressure RegulatorSTD
- Custom Handcrafted Wide Entry Door w/ WindowSTD
- Dedicated Waste Hose StorageSTD
- Enclosed Aluminum Insulated Heated UnderbellySTD
- Exterior LP Quick Connect Service PortSTD
- Exterior Shower with Hot & Cold WaterSTD
- Fluorocarbon Treated UV Protected Aluminum ExteriorSTD
- Goodyear® Assurance 18” Tires, BalancedSTD
- Hand Crafted Welded Extruded Aluminum Window FramesSTD
- Hand Painted ChassisSTD
- LED Entrance LightSTD
- LED Tank Service LightSTD
- License Plate Bracket with LED LightSTD
- Lockable Fresh Water Tank InletSTD
- LP (2 - 20 lb. Steel Tanks) with Auto 2-stage RegulatorSTD
- Manual Hitch JackSTD
- Molded Plastic LP Cover w/ Storage TraySTD
- Nev-R-Adjust® BrakesSTD
- Semi-Monocoque Aluminum SuperstructureSTD
- Solar Pre-wire (2 Rooftop & 1 Front Access Points)STD
- Spare TireSTD
- Steel Entry StepSTD
- Stylized Aluminum WheelsSTD
- Tempered Tinted Windows with Rear Venting WindowsSTD
- Thermal Barrier Protection Between Interior and ExteriorSTD
- Torsion Axle SuspensionSTD
- Unique Front Door Key with Heavy Duty DeadboltSTD
- 160w Solar Package w/ Upgraded AGM BatteryOPT
- Slide In Visor Patio AwningOPT